Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
druuh

Feature Request: AirPod Pro Spatial (5.1/7.1) Audio Support in Private Listening

I just want to throw this out here in hopes it gets seen and ultimately the feature supported..

I watch content on my Roku a lot using the Private Listening feature on the iOS Roku Remote App. I do so using AirPod Pros. I would LOVE to have the new feature that arrived with iOS 14, spatial audio, or 5.1/7.1 surround sound, be accessible via the app.

I am not exactly sure what would be technically required, but I assume the ability for the app/iPhone to receive a 5.1 or 7.1 audio stream from a Roku TV or streaming device without any converting or degrading said audio stream.

I realize this may take time to work out, but I'm sure other Private Listening users with AirPod Pros would find the feature to be absolutely groundbreaking to be able to listen to surround or even Atmos audio without needing to rig their TV set up with expensive audio equipment.

Here's to hoping this feature comes to the Roku Remote app on iOS soon! 🙂

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
ganderaj

Re: Feature Request: AirPod Pro Spatial (5.1/7.1) Audio Support in Private Listening

Thank you for putting in a Feature Request for Roku TV support for Spacial Audio on AirPods Pro. I'm sure many others like me would be eagerly looking forward in having the update.

Re: Feature Request: AirPod Pro Spatial (5.1/7.1) Audio Support in Private Listening

Fantastic idea AirPods Pro are the logical option for steaming in Private listening mode!! 

hemin16

Bump. Would love to see this!! I don’t even get to use spatial audio since I always watch movies on my tv and use private listening. 

nomad07
Roku Guru

In addition to the Apple AirPods Pro, we also now have the Apple AirPods Max as a second set of headphones supporting Spatial Audio on iOS devices. This greatly expands the number of people that would love such a feature.

mavpick

Came here to request the exact feature support for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max and glad to see that the community here is on the ball. Awesome. And it will be a great way to extend the private listening mode to include the surround sounds. Hope Roku will incorporate it sooner rather than later. Thanks.

Bumping this! Great idea. Roku please add