Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AstroGK
Reel Rookie

Eat your own dogfood? Not likely...

It occurs to me that Roku programmers and content producers likely do not even watch the content or use Roku devices they manufacture and develop...

If they did, THE COMMERCIALS WOULD NOT GO TO FULL VOLUME WHILE THE SHOW PLAYS AT a normal level. BECAUSE ANYONE THAT WORKS AT ROKU THAT ACTUALLY USES THE ROKU WOULD HAVE FIXED THIS BY NOW.

Seriously. Please fix your volume leveling... there is no reason for volume to maximize for commercials.

And don't tell me to turn on audio leveling for my A/V system. That's just a poor excuse for bad audio leveling within the Roku and ruins the audio immersion.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Eat your own dogfood? Not likely...

I often have ads/commercials at volume much lower than the streaming content.

Regardless, have you tried using the Leveling feature?

https://support.roku.com/article/226802507

During playback, press Options (*)/Volume Mode=Leveling

0 Kudos
AstroGK
Reel Rookie

Re: Eat your own dogfood? Not likely...

Thanks for the suggestion, however that does not always work.

I suggest you try reading up about the CALM Act. [https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_Advertisement_Loudness_Mitigation_Act]

As I said in my original post, please don't tell me to turn audio leveling on. Even Roku admits that feature doesn't work across all devices, all services, and all apps. They even admit it in the article you linked me to. I'm not asking how to use an already existing but broken "feature".

My feature request is that Roku implement this at a deeper level, and enforce a policy across their content providers.

Want an example, go watch Chappie on the Roku channel. They don't even level volume in their own app and their own licensed content.

0 Kudos