Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattbabs
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel request: GCN+ (Global Cycling Network)

Depends where you live. In the UK all the races on GCN+ are on Eurosport. The only difference is that you don't get commercial breaks on GCN+. We also get The Breakaway shows on both platforms for the big races.

0 Kudos
Cyclonaut
Reel Rookie

Here is the response I received from James Wilson at GCN support. 

Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at GCN.

I am sorry about the time it has taken for us to release the new Roku platform.

I know that we have been working on releasing it for some time now. Unfortunately, I still do not have the release date.

I appreciate your patience.

i later received a survey from GCN as to my satisfaction of my support request.  I would encourage all to open a support ticket and make your desires known.

Cgh

I would love to see GCN on Roku. This would be the only way I can watch it. I’m a huge cycling fan and completely fed up with peacock and nbc commercial interrupted coverage and insipid commentary by Bob and Christian. Please add GCN to 

Roku!

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cgh,

We appreciate your inquiry and applause here in the Roku Community!

Channels on the Roku platform are developed and designed by the channel partners themselves. You can reach out to GCN+ and let them know you'd like to stream their services on the Roku platform.

If you have any further concerns or inquiries, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
mattbabs
Channel Surfer

GCN+ is closing down next month. I guess my prediction that the Roku app will never appear has turned out to be true.

andyross
Roku Guru

Outside of the US, the content will move to Discovery+. No word for US customers yet.

Didn't know it was part of Warner/Discovery.

mattbabs
Channel Surfer

Discovery+ costs more than double what I paid for GCN+. I know it has other channels, but I don't want them.

Cyclonaut
Reel Rookie

The US consumers really get the shaft in regards to cycling coverage.  Eurosport seems to get it about as 'right' as anyone else.  Here, we have to wade thru the various providers just to see some races..  Flobikes, Peacock, Red Bull, and others that may cater to a very narrow interest (Epic Series)...  Perhaps with the shutdown of GCN we, the consumer, may benefit?  I don't hold out much hope as I'm becoming more jaded and cynical every day - but, there is always hope.