Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zinke_r

Re: Channel request: GCN+ (Global Cycling Network)

So here it is May 10, 2022 and there’s still no GCN plus app for Roku. I’m really tired of screen mirroring it from my iPhone to the TV five hours of watching the Giro and my phone is useless for calls or texting

Zinke_r

If you have an iPhone you can screen mirror from the app to your TV if you have a smart TV

0 Kudos
Angelica3
Channel Surfer

I'm also looking forward to have GCN+ on Roku

Garydyj
Reel Rookie

I second this. It's been too long. I just want to go to the station and not bother with the 'cast to TV' bull.

mattbabs
Channel Surfer

I sent them another tweet today. Still claim that they are working on it. But it's not mentioned on the website anymore. Old tweet said it would be released before Apple TV app. That has been available for ages. 

Garydyj
Reel Rookie

This is what I got for a reply. 

Thanks for coming back to us.

Our sister company got a Roku device quite a few months ago, so we were expecting it to arrive at the beginning of this year. The focus of each company under the Warner Discovery umbrella is different though, and the GCN+ developers had been concentrating their efforts on the new layouts, and Apple TV (which have already been introduced).

We are now employing more developers to push through the various projects that are in the pipeline, so hopefully you will not have to wait too much longer.

In the meantime, if there is anything else that I can assist you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Robert

mattbabs
Channel Surfer

Thanks. A bit more detail than in other replies. But still basically 'coming soon'. 

jessea

Not subscribing until a Roku app gets made. I had it for a year but I didn't use it enough because of the Chromecast requirement.

mattbabs
Channel Surfer

In the off season I think they are losing business by not having a channel. I enjoy a lot of the documentaries, but if I'm just flicking through the channels I will stick something on Netflix, etc. Only going to cast if there is a specific event that I want to watch. 

Spdskt12

Please finish a ROKU app!