Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worzel
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel request: GCN+ (Global Cycling Network)

said that Roku support was coming soon about 18 months ago. I'm not renewing my GCN subscription because Roku support never materialised.

Duckology

Is there an ETA for this? There is literally no way to watch Paris-Nice on Roku...because they don't have GCN+.... I can watch some ridiculous cycling network channel but no Paris-Nice coverage...

The Giro 2023 started today, going to be a great race and Roku doesn't have GCN+ app. Oh they have GCN, global christian network.

Hefeman

The Amazon fire stick has the app and not that expensive. I also own a Roku and it is strange not to support it as I'm sure they have a larger share of streamers than Amazon.

Cyclonaut
Reel Rookie

i initiated yet another update request to GCN...   when, oh, when will this app be developed - or are you simply leading us along?

Roubaixid8
Reel Rookie

Folks, we need to be harping at GCN, they need to develop/provide the app. I just sent them another request. 

https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10055001607825-Can-I-get-GCN-on-Roku-?auth_t...

plutoaddict
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos
mattbabs
Channel Surfer

It's been "coming soon' since at least February 2021. And the company has presumably expanded since then judging by the amount of content they have. I really doubt it will happen. If it definitely isn't happening at least tell us so people can consider buying another device. I have tried using AirPlay from my iPad but it isn't very reliable, and would definitely prefer an app.

Roubaixid8
Reel Rookie

I had similar issues with AirStream, so have gone to Apple HDMI adapter to plug pad or phone directly into tv. I also do same with my windows laptop, which I find the best. Bring GCN up on web, and set tv up as separate monitor, my wireless mouse has enough range to reach laptop from across room, so I simply use that to control feed on laptop.  Not ideal, but…

0 Kudos
Jamminator
Reel Rookie

The comment about WB/Discovery from the new UCI mountain biking deal makes no sense.  GCN+ just rebroadcasts from multiple sources, Sky Sports, Sporza, Time Warner, Etc.  They buy the distribution rights to host them on the app.  Having a wider network with a Roku app would only help them (and who they buy rights from) by reaching wider audiences.

0 Kudos