Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVfan01

Channel request: Adding RFD-TV to Roku

Hi,

I was wondering, if anyone can tell me how I request RFD-TV on roku?  I was on RFD-TV's website and it said about e-mail them.  So, I want under "Contact Us" on Roku's website and it doesn't say anything about channel or content request. So, I was looking on the community forums and saw people requesting different things and thought if I post here maybe I can get help.  I don't know, if there a way to really request channels for roku but I thought I post this here, in hopes maybe RFD-TV would maybe get add on day.

I'm request RFD-TV for Roku because it Rural tv and shows us a lifestyle that a lot of us will never get to live or see in real life.  RFD-TV also has a lot of great programming and classic shows like Hee Haw and musical programs like the grand old opry.   

So, if anyone from Roku is reading this, please consider adding RFD-TV to Roku.

Thanks

Labels (1)
16 REPLIES 16
ou7l4w

Re: Channel request: Adding RFD-TV to Roku

I would love to see RFD TV on Roku also!

kiwismom95

Hello ROKU... I too would like to request RFD-TV be added to ROKU.  There are several in my family who just purchased their ROKU after seeing mine.  But unfortunately realized that RFD TV is not an option. 

PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE add RFD-TV as an option.

Thank you

Please add the RFD channel to Roku. I used to have it with Direct TV

emovck

Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

A request for any channel to be added to Roku should be directed to the channel or content creators. Roku provides the hardware and the OS with the features needed, it is up to the people who run the television channel if they want to create a channel / application that works on Roku.  I believe Roku has created a development environment that makes it fairly easy to get started - it can't be too difficult or we wouldn't have the huge number of channels we have now. Bear in mind, though, that there may also be licensing issues for a channel that shows syndicated television shows like Hee-Haw.

It sounds like you should start a campaign to have people e-mail the RFD-TV folks to request this.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

RFD-TV Now is available on the Roku platform for those interested.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/6b7e2a4f306e7a0f5d23ec37b7f21775/rfd-tv-now

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

As mentioned, RFD TV does have it's own channel on Roku now, so you don't have to subscribe to Sling to get it.

However: one extremely important piece of information is missing: how much does it cost?

Using the Roku web page, it says "may require additional fees", which is really annoying and absurd as nearly every channel that says that DOES REQUIRE additional fees, and RFD TV is one of them. Since it's Roku that sends me the bill and receives payment, Roku "must" know how much they're going to charge when adding this channel.  It is really unacceptable that Roku won't say how much it's going to cost to add this channel.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@BartZLederman 

From the RFD-TV website, the cost for RFD-TV Now is $9.99 a month or $89.99 a year.  https://www.rfdtv.com/rfd-tv-now-the-next-step-in-streaming-your-favorite-shows

I just checked the channel/app again and there still is some free content available.  So you can install the channel/app for free and watch for free.  Other content is basically locked and you will be prompted with a login/sign-in screen to watch that content.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Sam231

Would like to see RFDTV added to Roku

0 Kudos