Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akaMurphy

rokuchannel.com and roku app stopped working on my laptop

The rokuchannel.com and roku app stopped working on my laptop a few days ago. They will load the main pages but when I select something to watch it just loads a black screen with the pause button and stuff at the bottom.  I don't even get the loading icon that spins while it's loading.  I think something may have updated but I don't know what.  My Netflix was having playback issues yesterday but other streaming sites like pluto tv and plex are working fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: rokuchannel.com and roku app stopped working on my laptop

Hi, @akaMurphy 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to gather more information regarding the issue you have experienced with The Roku Channel and the app. Kindly provide the following information below:

• Specific issue you have experienced with The Roku Channel and the app on your Roku device.
  • What specific Roku device are you having issues with?
  • When did you first encounter the issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far in an attempt to resolve the issues?

With more details aside from the question that you can provide will contribute to our investigation on this issue. We hope for your response in this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.