Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iblastoff
Reel Rookie

netflix app is slow and unresponsive on TCL class-4 50" running latest roku OS

i have not actively used the netflix app for a while as i cancelled my netflix subscription at least over a year ago. it worked PERFECTLY fine before though.

i recently resigned up to the ad-supported subscription for netflix.

the app is now SLOW as **bleep**. it takes forever to cycle through the app. starting playback is painful as there some insane software lag going on with sometimes the sound playing and no video for like 10 seconds. pressing pause takes forever. sometimes theres like a 5-10 second delay before it even pauses. its ridiculously unusable.

in contrast to the majority of other apps (youtube/crave/amazon/apple etc), they mostly run just fine. its just the **bleep**ty netflix app that is incredibly unreponsive. wtf is going on?

1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: netflix app is slow and unresponsive on TCL class-4 50" running latest roku OS

Hi, @iblastoff 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate that you've shared this information to us, and we're sorry to hear about the lagging issue you've encountered with Netflix. In this matter, let's troubleshoot this to resolve the issue. As a start, follow the steps provided below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

After you've performed the steps, kindly check if you're seeing any improvements. If the issue persists, please let us know and we'll continue to assist you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.