Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users. 

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We understand the trouble you have encountered with the Pluto TV app on your Roku, and we'd like to collect further details so our team can investigate further. We kindly request the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

Once these information are available, our team can work on the issue for a resolution.

We hope for your response along with the requested details.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
vegachicago
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV will not work on my Roku after 9/5/24 update

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem. Pluto starts then goes back to home screen. Here's the info for my situation.  

TCL model 65S451

serial: x01200aj6t1k

device ID: sojuh41j6t1k

OS version: 1314 build 1512-cg

Pluto version: 5.37 build 7 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV will not work on my Roku after 9/5/24 update

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @vegachicago!

We see that you're also encountering the same problems with the Pluto TV App. We also extend our sincerest appreciation to you for cooperating and supplying the needed information to include your devices in the ongoing investigation. 

Rest assured that we will pass this on to the relevant team. Thanks for your understanding on this matter. 

Please inform us if you need any other assistance. We are always ready to help you in any way we can. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frío
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You're right, @MikeK3 ! Thanks for the safety reminder!

0 Kudos
Frío
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It works fine on my Roku stick, even after login; and, it works perfectly fine on my Roku TV. Just the Ultras where PlutoTV is out of commission. Roku, please help us all from these recurring app issues. The bases of Roku is to be able to stream. It defeats the actual purpose of Roku's existence if the very apps needed to do so are always problematic. Nothing is perfect in this life, but Roku has 1 job...app access and making sure that access is continuous, w/ maintenance breaks/downtime of <24 hrs, not an ongoing problem for months as seen here. Why it wasn't looked into at onset after numerous complaints is a mystery, and shows no one at Roku monitors this community. I'm assuming in hopes that we'll fix it amongst ourselves. That, alone, is unsatisfactory. Makes me question the integrity of their security products we're planning to get in short order.

Ok, I think I'm done venting. I'd be more relaxed w/ my Pluto Naturescapes channel I use to start my days and throughout the day from my phone/tablet. Until it's revived, I'm exactly my username here!

MikeK3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Kash ... this is a lot of personal/sensitive/compromising information to post in a public forum.  Do you have  a secure place to send the device information you have requested?

SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

We need real Technical Support. Not Community Moderator support. We need answers on why Pluto Tv app will not work.

0 Kudos
edyeary
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Having same issue here. Works on tv apps but not roku ultra. Come on toku fix this!

Morninmel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, when I go to open the Pluto app it acts like it's trying to open, but within 5 seconds it goes right back to the Roku home screen. I just did what you recommended to @Hrlybtch , but it didn't help me, it's still doing the same thing. Is there any other suggestions? 

P. S. The Pluto app on my phone is loading and working fine like it should, which leads me to think this is probably a Roku issue!! Please Help! 

0 Kudos
Morninmel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exactly the same with me! Pluto loads and works fine on my phone, so it's obviously on Roku's end where the issue is.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.