Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

channel error message on only one app-CBS

I stream all my channels. I receive an error message when trying to watch CBS. I have to delete the app and reinstall each time I want to watch content on CBS- a daily basis, sometimes even switching from another spp( channel) on the same day. It is the only one that I have an issue with. The error message shows “ an error occurred “ . Once I delete and reinstall it works. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions please. Thank you in advance for any assistance 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: channel error message on only one app-CBS

@Bella10071960-

Did you restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache after uninstalling but BEFORE reinstalling the channel?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall. 

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System".  

If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart.  Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos