Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1arjun14

Youtube video glitch showing black screen?

this is a problem that I've had for months, possibly a year and it has only gotten worse. Whenever I'm watching youtube the video and audio feed will cut out for the video, leaving me with a black screen but I am still able to see where I am and what video I'm watching. The only way I found to fix this is getting out of the video and watching it again. Now it does this randomly in the middle of videos and after adds. Youtube says the video is playing but it's only showing a black screen.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube video glitch showing black screen?

Hi @1arjun14,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue with Youtube.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos