Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbcooper_NC
Binge Watcher

Youtube delay when using wired headphones to remote

I have an ultra too, and I have the exact same issue.  Approximately 2 second silence when video, or ads start.  After that, audio is fine.  But, for me, only with the wired headphones connected to the remote.  When headphones are disconnected, the audio works as expected.  This started for me about a week or so ago.

16 REPLIES 16
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube delay when using wired headphones to remote

Hi @dbcooper_NC,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're glad to help you with your problem with delayed audio when using the wired headphones connected to the remote. Please be advised that restarting your Roku device is quick, easy, and can solve most minor issues. Please try to restart your Roku device by unplugging it from the wall outlet and plugging it back in after 30 seconds.

Let us know if it works.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dbcooper_NC
Binge Watcher

Thank you for the reply!  FYI: I did start a new thread since this one was quite old. 

But, I did already restart the Roku by way of the "Power" menu option, and it did not solve the issue.  I did also allow the rechargeable remote to completely discharge in an attempt to "reboot" it... no change.

I will attempt to restart the Roku by removing power, and see if that helps as well, and will post the results here, and in my new thread.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted @dbcooper_NC

If you activate private listening when the video is already playing, playback will stop and restart as the video is synchronized with the audio in your headphones. To avoid this behavior, connect your headphones and activate private listening before you start streaming the movie or TV show. Additionally, any delays in the audio and video can be fixed by unpairing and pairing your remote.

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

Moreover, one additional suggestion we would recommend is using the Roku mobile app as a remote and utilizing the feature of private listening. Install it here: Roku mobile app

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MisterFix
Binge Watcher

I want to confirm that I also have the same issue only with the YouTube app. I'm using optical surround from the TV. It happens on all videos and ads.

Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MisterFix,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your issue. Please try to restart your Roku device by pressing the home button on your Roku remote selecting settings, system, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dbcooper_NC
Binge Watcher

Hi Kash!

I did as you suggested and cycled power to the Roku Ultra, and re-paired the remote.  No change in the symptoms.

0 Kudos
GLaDOShi
Reel Rookie

I'm also having the same issue on an ultra for the last few weeks. I tried the suggestions posted here and the issue is still occurring. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dbcooper_NC @GLaDOShi,

Thank you for keeping us posted, and welcome to the Roku Community!

You're doing a great job in troubleshooting the issue. No worries! We will be delighted to help you more with this issue that you're experiencing. Please try to update the software of your Roku devices or TVs by going to settings, system, system update, and check now.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dbcooper_NC
Binge Watcher

@RokuJohnB,

Thank you for your reply.  I did try to update the Roku using the procedure you suggested, as well as update the YouTube app from the context menu reached by clicking '*' on the home screen.  Neither resulted in any updates found, and consequently did not solve the issue.

0 Kudos