Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Yamaha Soundbar is not recognized by Samsung TV with Roku Media Player powered on

I have 3 Samsung TV's. It does not need to be hooked to WiFi. You only get updates for a year anyways. Who you bought the TV and soundbar from? Second hand? Also does the TV have a standby mode? Not a full off?

0 Kudos
Steve62M
Binge Watcher

Re: Yamaha Soundbar is not recognized by Samsung TV with Roku Media Player powered on

I bought the TV and Soundbar brand new in Dec 2021 thru Crutchfield. It took awhile with Crutchfield to get the Yamaha soundbar to work with the COX cable box but we did with a different HDMI cable

I will contact their technicians next week

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Steve62M
Binge Watcher

I have worked with Crutchfield Technicians and after several HDMI location changes along with menu changes we decided to factory reset TV, Soundbar and Roku. I did that. Made all connections. Powered up soundbar, Roku and DVD player. During Samsung auto set-up the TV still did not recognize the soundbar and would not play through soundbar until I connected Optical Bluetooth. We determined the TV has a bad HDMI Circuit board and a replacement will be here at the end of month

Can only get soundbar to work with HDMI and optical Bluetooth connections in place. We get periodic remote control which is another sign HDMI CB is getting worse.

Thank you for all of the help

0 Kudos

Just wondering if you ever got this fully resolved.

I am having the exact same issue with my Yamaha Soundbar and brand new Roku Stick 4K, but we have a (fairly new, less than a year old) insignia TV.

Tv does not recognize the soundbar unless the Roku Box is powered up after the TV and soundbar. 

0 Kudos
Rhotundra
Channel Surfer

Exactly the same problem with my TCL (Google OS) and Yamaha SR B20a and Roku SS 4K. It seems a CEC or ARC compatibility thing and the problem seems to go away when Roku removed and older Firestick is connected, so I’m suspecting it’s the Roku at fault. No?

0 Kudos
Rhotundra
Channel Surfer

Apparently the sound problems on both my old LG tv with a Roku ultra and Yamaha receiver as well as sound/remote problems with a Roku Stick 4k with a Yamaha soundbar on another TV is a CEC conflict and after wasting hundreds of hours on both, the solution is probably to cut pin 13 of the hdmi cable. Haven’t confirmed that yet, but another Roku member suggested the $15 to $25 adapter to remove CEC. 
Which company owns the problem??

0 Kudos
Steve62M
Binge Watcher

For me I worked with Crutchfield extensively. They gave me a new Samsung TV and we had the same issue. Then they gave me credit on the Yamaha Sound bar and sold me a new Samsung sound bar. That is when the problem got solved. Not a Roku issue. It seems certain brand TV’s only are completely compatible with certain brand sound bars. Find out what brand your TV likes and good luck

0 Kudos