Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

Xfinity app updated yesterday to version 6.13. The audio / video still out of sync on Xfinity app .

The Xfinity app was updated yesterday to V 6.13 and app still gets out of sync after a stupid commercial . I have tried just about everything. Very Flustered here. I like to watch MSNBC, so I went to NBC app and watched it without incident.

SW 12.0.0 build 4182-30

. 9.4.521

Timestamp 2023-07-21T10:47:30ZGCV

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

Re: Xfinity app updated yesterday to version 6.13. The audio / video still out of sync on Xfinity ap

Well, my Xfinity app is going nuts. Morning Joe doing a quick video freeze then F.F audio babble. The audio is ahead of video.  Timestamp 2023-07-21T12:26:04Z.

Now commercial Timestamp 2013-07-21T12:33:58Z

Back to morning Joe and quick on and off audio F.F Babble! Babble! Timestamp 2023-07-21T12:37:33Z. 

audio still ahead of video. I could do this all-dang day. I'm done.! Xfinity app updated and not fixed so maybe Roku needs to update SW.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Xfinity app updated yesterday to version 6.13. The audio / video still out of sync on Xfinity ap

Hi @Leeza41_,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • IP Address (from whatismyip.com).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • When did they start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

The last time I watched last night with Tracker ID 37-290-193

Timestamp 2023-07-21T12:33:58Z

TCL 49S405 S/N YN00XR591637

D ID 9S500X591637

OS V 12.0.0. build 4182-30

IP 10.0.0115

Incident was happening after commercial and when returned back to program. The audio was ahead of video. During program audio seemed to do a F.F. to try to catch up but doing so just made it worse. Then if there was just a quick glitch in video the audio would also be out of sync. Last night the sync started in commercials too. I exited the Xfinity because I got tired of the exiting and going back to program which was only a quick fix till next commercial. This morning its fine so far knock on wood but I did restart my TV and then unplugged it. I unchecked quick start up and even LED. Also, I put on TV speakers instead of auto. I was only streaming but went back to cable streaming through the Xfinity app. I changed out Xfinity modem a week or so ago and problem continued. My internet is supposed to be 1 gig. So far good don't know if it's something I did or what. But I will check later on my 4K+ stick in 2 other rooms. I will repost if not resolved on 4K+ sticks if if it reoccurs. Last night I kept reporting poor audio/video through the rating of Xfinity app. Believe me if it happens again I will post as I have been on Xfinity community.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Leeza41_,

Thanks for your response and for providing additional information!

Please be advised that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

Xfinity stream? Unplugged everything then Reset everything in living room. Thats Samsung tv, Denon receiver. Roku4K +stick 3820X. But earlier the video/audio out of sync. Watching Ayman on MSNBC Then program went to commercial then returned black screen with audio then it showed Ayman speaking but way out of sync. I don't know why I got my hopes up on this mess. Shut the stupid thing off.

S/N X01700C2SKPA, SW Ver: 12.0.0 build 4184-CU, EC Version 1.5.24, Timestamp 2023-07-23T01:18 49Z.

ID PA-292-398. 

My husband was watching NCIS on WE-TV channel through the Xfinity app and he had to exit and go to a Roku app to watch. He has a Lg Tv and 3820 Roku 4K+.

My TCL 49S405 TV is so bad right now even the commercials are out of sync. I had to shut the tv off. 

Timestamp 2023-07-23T02:39:30Z ID 37-292-479

ID 37-292-480, 2023-07-23T02:40:59Z.  It's not just live news TV programs but also other channels that are prerecorded. So, what's the diagnosis? Is there a cure?

0 Kudos
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

This morning trying to watch Katie Phang on MSNBC on my Roku TV  7140X YN00XR.591637

sw 12.0.0 build 4182-30 as previously reported. timestamp 2023-07-23T12:16:37Z, ID  37-293-056

2023-07-23T12:18:37Z ID 37-293-058

Quick audio F.F totally out of sync. Appears to be trying to correct but unable too. 2023-07-23T12:28:48Z

ID 37-293-068. 

You know over the years I used the beta version of Xfinity stream, and I never had any problems streaming on my Roku TV but now it's horrible. My TV is Possessed! I'm seriously thinking about doing away with Xfinity tv.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Leeza41_,

Thanks for following up!

We are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible. As of the moment, our team is still investigating this issue. We will be sure to update you on this thread once feedback is available.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.