Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
topherboy
Reel Rookie

When I click on very local in the living room it flashes the very local logo for 1 second the return

Jump to solution

I Have 3 roku  streamers  , 1 in the bathroom, 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the living room . The bath room and the bed room get VERY LOCAL just fine ......but the living room roku does not get VERY LOCAL anymore ? When I click on very local in the living room it flashes the very local logo for 1 second the returns to the home page ! So for me to watch our local NBC  " KCRA " in Sacramento .....I have to go into the bed room .

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Very Local does not load in the Sacramento market .!

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @topherboy!

We appreciate you for raising the playback issues you have been having with the Very Local app on your Roku streaming device. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Here's what we can recommend:

• Remove Very Local app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  • Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  • Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the Very local app, then press Add channel

We need to make sure that this troubleshooting method has been done precisely to work.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Re: When I click on very local in the living room it flashes the very local logo for 1 second the re

Jump to solution

Here in Eastside Santa Cruz, I was successful with a shortcut to the recommended uninstall-reboot-reinstall procedure. What I did:

* Navigate on the home screen to the Very Local icon.

* Press the star (*) button on the remote.

* From the pop-up menu that appears, select "Check for updates."

* You may see more than one app being updated. As long as the Very Local channel is one of them, then the channel should work properly, the next time you try to use it. If not, then try the recommended procedure.

The virtue of my shortcut method is that it is quicker, does NOT involve a system restart, and leaves the channel icon in place, in case you had moved it to a custom position. The downside of my method is that other channels may be updated also, which is generally a good thing, but might leave you with new versions of those channels, which contain as-yet-undiscovered bugs. It would be better if only the selected channel were updated, I think, but that's not what I saw with my Roku Ultra box.

Interestingly, the Very Local channel had been failing here for the past several days, and every day I use the System Update function by habit. Maybe there was as issue with the previous version and the new, fixed version was only published today. Otherwise, I would have expected an earlier update operation to have solved the problem. Anyway, it's fixed now! 😁

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Hammer957
Channel Surfer

Re: UNABLE TO WATCH LIVE ROKU TV CHANNELS

Jump to solution

Hello, tried to reply last night, but seems this tread started to go in a different way, not sure what happened. My problem, if similar to you're s,.......?, was not being able to see any Roku streaming channels after entering the "Live Tv" app, tile. section, or whatever it's called. All ota channels work, but scroll down to streaming channels, all I would get was 'opening' banner for about 5 seconds, then black screen, no video or sound. All other apps (Sling, Xumo, Tubi,...) work, only Roku not working.This has been going on for about 3-4 months now. Unrelated to tv watching, just had a problem with my laptop getting a wifi signal from my router,...only2.4g, no 5g showing up. I'm no techie, but simply tried unplugging my router for about 10 minutes, then powering back up. Went back to laptop, and now found I had a 5g signal available to connect to.  When I then went to my tv (Tcl), now found I suddenly have Roku streaming channels again (at least, for the moment). So, maybe check for 5g signal, or just cycle you're router. Hope this helps,.....welcome to Roku beta testing.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @topherboy!

We appreciate you for raising the playback issues you have been having with the Very Local app on your Roku streaming device. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Here's what we can recommend:

• Remove Very Local app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  • Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  • Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the Very local app, then press Add channel

We need to make sure that this troubleshooting method has been done precisely to work.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: UNABLE TO WATCH LIVE ROKU TV CHANNELS

Jump to solution

Same thing started happening to me last night in the WMUR New Hampshire market.  What's up?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Removing, rebooting and reloading the app worked!  Thank you very much!

linuxrebel

Re: When I click on very local in the living room it flashes the very local logo for 1 second the re

Jump to solution

Same now happening in the Central Coast ((Monterey / Santa Cruz) areas

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Here in Eastside Santa Cruz, I was successful with a shortcut to the recommended uninstall-reboot-reinstall procedure. What I did:

* Navigate on the home screen to the Very Local icon.

* Press the star (*) button on the remote.

* From the pop-up menu that appears, select "Check for updates."

* You may see more than one app being updated. As long as the Very Local channel is one of them, then the channel should work properly, the next time you try to use it. If not, then try the recommended procedure.

The virtue of my shortcut method is that it is quicker, does NOT involve a system restart, and leaves the channel icon in place, in case you had moved it to a custom position. The downside of my method is that other channels may be updated also, which is generally a good thing, but might leave you with new versions of those channels, which contain as-yet-undiscovered bugs. It would be better if only the selected channel were updated, I think, but that's not what I saw with my Roku Ultra box.

Interestingly, the Very Local channel had been failing here for the past several days, and every day I use the System Update function by habit. Maybe there was as issue with the previous version and the new, fixed version was only published today. Otherwise, I would have expected an earlier update operation to have solved the problem. Anyway, it's fixed now! 😁

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.