Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azat
Reel Rookie

Re: ViX app won’t play any shows or movies

Jump to solution

Hey @xbedlessx, thank you for providing additional information about your issue.  I work on the Vix Roku app and I'm sorry you're having these issues.  What you are experiencing is an edge case scenario where a `ComponentLibrary` is not loading on your device which is preventing you from initiating playback.  My suspicion is that there is something wrong with your particular TV Roku firmware or the component library has updated its manifest to set a minimum firmware version that your device can no longer support.  Would you be able to please tell me the model # of your TV?  This information is located in Settings > System > About.  If you could also provide the "Software version", that can be found on the same screen, I would greatly appreciate it.  In a future release we will remove the requirement for that component library on certain devices.  Probably in a month or so (not a promise, since I don't control the release timings).  I'll respond in this thread again when this change is pushed to production.  Thanks!

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ViX app won’t play any shows or movies

Jump to solution

Hi! Community Users,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate those of you who reported that the ViX app is not working, and we're here to offer troubleshooting and clarification to address this issue.

We recommend the following steps to help resolve the issue:

1. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting "remove".
  2. Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then-
  3. Restart your Roku device by unplugging your TV and then plugging it back in. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
  5. Reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.
For additional troubleshooting steps, please visit our support page on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

NOTE: If you have tried all troubleshooting steps to no avail, please contact Vix channel support directly for further assistance. In addition, many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos