Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chosen app on Roku - Season 4

Jump to solution

It did that to us also so we found the livestream option at the bottom and were able to watch it there! You just have to listen to a few minutes of commentary first.

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

A new version of The Chosen app was published this morning, Thursday, June 6, that resolves these issues. 

Please update your app by highlighting it in the channel grid, pressing the * button on the remote, and selecting Check for Updates.

0 Kudos
djholt01

Jump to solution

Feedback for folks with The Chosen, if they are monitoring this thread. Updated the app this morning, and episode access as well as playback are working fine. One area where attention would be appreciated is Closed Captions. While those work fine on our Roku model 4800X, they do not on our model 4802X. In fact, on the second model, captions not only do not work, but accessing The Chosen app turns them off in the Roku system settings. In any case, thanks for all the work getting the app up to speed!

0 Kudos
Moringside

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if this is fixed? Still not on my end. Just wondering about everyone else.

0 Kudos
Nike3511
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I posted earlier that the Chosen app support has a huge update from Roku.  Open the app, update the app and all should be good to go!  As of this morning, mine works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Joeyb1000
Channel Surfer

Re: Chosen app on Roku - Season 4

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please update the app manually. The new build fixes the issues that viewers were having earlier this week.

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the note about Closed Captions - I will ask the team to check into it.

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

Hi - 

Just a note that this would not have solved the problem on Monday when it was posted. There were two bugs that were fixed in The Chosen app release that was published on Thursday morning, June 6.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We're sorry for the issues!

It's now fixed in the new build that was published on Thursday morning. 

Please update the app to the latest version and you should be good to go for Episode 2!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.