Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeckyJP

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

I updated the app, still froze up. Updated Roku, no luck. Shut down,  rebooted, still won't work!! Ordered dvd.......

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Very sorry to hear that!

I suggest that the best way to proceed is to email app@thechosen.tv so that the Customer Service team can help. They will be able to collect more details about what's going on.

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Can you confirm what version of The Chosen app is currently installed on your Roku?

If you highlight the app on the channel grid, then press the * button on the remote, a small screen should pop up that says

===========================================

The Chosen

---------

Version 2.2 * build 0

Move app

Etc.

===========================================

And, can you go into the Roku main menu and go to:

Settings --> System --> About [then press the right arrow on the remote]

And confirm what the Model and Software version of your Roku are.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

Latest version is 2.2 not all apps have the same version. 2.2 fixes a majority of issues. More fixes coming soon on 2.3

0 Kudos
fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

2.2 fixes all of the locked content issues. The season 3 roundtables not playing is not a Roku issue and will be resolved soon. App crashes are fixed in 2.2

As a Roku engineer sometimes I run into things like this. Uninstalling and reinstalling should fix any weird issues

0 Kudos
Bap2

Jump to solution

I followed the directions to uninstall and reinstall the app and it still freezes then shuts down. 

0 Kudos
Pin0720

Re: Chosen app on Roku - Season 4

Jump to solution

It will not work for me either.  I have uninstalled and installed; disconnected my modem, andtried even to fast forward to no avail.

Someone please help!

0 Kudos
fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Re: Chosen app on Roku - Season 4

Jump to solution

Go to Settings > System > About and tell me the model and the OS version please

0 Kudos
Im1ofmany
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Doesn't work.  Chosen app inoperable on roku.  Freezes and refreezes even after app removed and reinstalled.  Also the wifi modem restarted.

0 Kudos
Easy2View

Chosen App Video becomes corrupted after 10 seconds

Jump to solution

First of all, Thank you to the entire "The Chosen" team for providing this amazing series on the life of Jesus Christ.  As someone with a Master's in Computers (from a long time ago, unfortunately) I understand the complex nature of perfecting an application or troubleshooting another's code. We are in praying for your technical team and for the patience of the viewers.  May we all follow the example of Christ.

Hopefully this will provide helpful troubleshooting information. Here is what is happening on my Roku TV with "The Chosen" app.

Any Video stream on The Chosen app becomes corrupted (blocks on screen and then video freezes) after 10 seconds of perfect video.  Audio continues normally even after video corruption.  If you press reverse/rewind, it will move backwards in 10 sec increments.  After a short loading screen, it will start playing again with great resolution. 10 seconds later, it will corrupt again.  It really doesn't matter what portion of the video (or what video) is playing, it will only play uncorrupted for 10 seconds.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, uninstalled several other apps to provide more memory available, unplugged the smart Roku tv for several minutes to reboot, and changed the internet from wired (70 Mbps) to wireless (124 Mbps).  All without alleviation of the issue.  Thank you for your time and effort to provide this free of charge to your viewers!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.