Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allen220

Tablo TV only working during the day with Roku

Jump to solution

Making me crazy. Tablo has latest firmware. When scanning for channels the ones I want to watch are all green. Modems and routers all updated to latest firmware. Signal strength is excellent. 

I go to watch the evening news at 10pm and I either get retry, connects and freezes and kicks me back to the Roku home page, or it plays for a couple of minutes, locks up, and back to the Roku home screen.

This only happens with the Tablo app which is up to date and been deleted and reinstalled. 

I put it on the same channel at 9 in the morning on 2 TV's and they have been working for 2 hours with no problems. I understand that there's more internet traffic in the evening but why does it only affect the Tablo app? I have 7 Roku's between the house and garage and it's the same on all.

Thats why I think it's in the TV APP.

I can use my phone app (Samsung Galaxy s21) at night and it plays fine with no freezing or breaking up.

HELP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tablo TV only working during the day with Roku

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Allen220!

We're aware that you're experiencing issues with your Tablo channel and appreciate the troubleshooting you've attempted. We kindly recommend revisiting the following steps and ensuring that they are precisely followed in order to help resolve the issue.

1. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting "remove".
  2. Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then-
  3. Restart your Roku device by unplugging your TV and then plugging it back in. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
  5. Reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.
For additional troubleshooting steps, please visit our support page on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

NOTE: If you're still experiencing the issue after trying the troubleshooting steps, it's best to contact the support team of the channel provider directly Tablo Contact Us. They will be able to give you a more specific and detailed solution. This is because most channels on the Roku platform are created and maintained by the channel providers. Therefore, if there's an issue with a particular channel, the provider is likely to have more information about it and can provide a more effective solution.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tablo TV only working during the day with Roku

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Allen220!

We're aware that you're experiencing issues with your Tablo channel and appreciate the troubleshooting you've attempted. We kindly recommend revisiting the following steps and ensuring that they are precisely followed in order to help resolve the issue.

1. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting "remove".
  2. Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then-
  3. Restart your Roku device by unplugging your TV and then plugging it back in. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
  5. Reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.
For additional troubleshooting steps, please visit our support page on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

NOTE: If you're still experiencing the issue after trying the troubleshooting steps, it's best to contact the support team of the channel provider directly Tablo Contact Us. They will be able to give you a more specific and detailed solution. This is because most channels on the Roku platform are created and maintained by the channel providers. Therefore, if there's an issue with a particular channel, the provider is likely to have more information about it and can provide a more effective solution.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.