Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfshelley

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

i totally agree with you. i own 4 roku's and now all 4 have updated to 14.0.4

Now my wife is angry with me.

i have an old FIRE stick and will try that in another connection to my main tv.

Allen220
Reel Rookie

Really. I wad on the phone with support this morning and their final answer was to run a cable from my antenna to my TV. Thats insane. Please roll 14 back to 13 until you figure it out.

DVRinHouston
Channel Surfer

Ok, this problem has lasted way too long.  I'm ready to update Roku's Wikipedia page with a small entry about this disaster.

Anyone wish to help me get the wording right?  Thanks.  E-mail me at Roku@ArtSmart.tv .  Thanks.

RLJ2

It looks like Roku has been dealing with this for 2 weeks now.  I agree why can't they move back to the previous update while they work this out? This is very frustrating.  

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate your efforts in keeping us informed and updated with the present issue of the Tablo TV app.

Please be advised that we're currently investigating the problem of the Tablo TV app.

In the meantime, we'd like to encourage your assistance in reporting further issues in this regard.

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. TV Make/Model:

3. Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

4. Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Any steps you've already tried to resolve the issue.
  5. Description of the exact behavior of the issue

Thank you for your ongoing support and patience as our team is working on this matter. We hope for your response in this thread with the necessary information, and we will make every effort to help you

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rowque
Reel Rookie

Roll back the 14 update! Do not roll out beta versions, even if you have to roll out a version 13 under a newer version number. There is no excuse for this issue to last over 3 weeks. Just Bo it

rowque
Reel Rookie

I have several Roku devices, (4 )and I can list them all, but each one worked fine until the 14 update occurred. I even plugged in a 5 year old device and it still worked. Very pleased that it worked as it was version 13.5#. Next time I got on it was updated 14 and didn’t work. I know what the problem is. Version 14 didn’t work, call me a newbie if you want, but my deductions are solid.

rowque
Reel Rookie

From another angle. What Roku product series does support Tablo? I’ll just buy one,

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@rowque, I don't think it has anything to do with the Roku device.  I have a 3920 and a 4802 that both recently updated to 14.0.4 build 12221 and they both still work with my Tablo 4th generation for streaming channels, OTA, and recorded programs.  I think you'll find people that have said that they have the same devices and the Tablo app doesn't work.  I don't know if I'm lucky or there's something about my setup.  One thing I will note is that I'm not using a 4k TV (I may try one to see what happens).  One of my TVs is 1080p and the other is 720p.  I'm guessing there's others with working Tablo apps on 14.0.4.  Maybe there's some common denominator.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Cemetery21
Channel Surfer

Fire TV and Google TV devices both work great with Tablo.  I switched 4 TVs from Roku for less than $100 and I'm not going back.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.