Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allen220
Reel Rookie

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

I am stuck too. Antenna channels rolls back to the guide. Tablo told me it's Rokus problem. OK fix it.

Al2son
Reel Rookie

I have 3 Rokus. Only 1 (Roku Premiere 4620x) has updated to Roku software 14.0, the other 2 (Roku Ultra 4802x, Roku 3 4200x) are still running 13.1.4 (not sure why only 1 of the 3 updated, despite checking for updates on all 3).

When I try to playback recorded Tablo content from the Roku Premiere running 14.0, it will not play back recorded content. Shows the content is there, but when I tell it to play, it tries to start but returns to previous library screen after a few seconds. I am still able to stream live TV from all devices, and the recorded content plays fine on the other 2 Rokus, as well as on the mobile device app (iPad/iPhone).

I tried updating the app, deleting/reloading the app, as well as rebooting the Roku.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Have a possible solution?

Thanks!

Pegasus2000
Reel Rookie

Same issue.  One roku updated with second roku not.

Model 3930RW-Roku Express

Serial # W00400W082SF

Device ID S013297082SF

Version 14.0.4 build 12221-AE

Tracker ID SF-409-971

DVRinHouston
Reel Rookie

It’s a Roku Express 4K+, serial number X02200JSP8MF, model 3941X2, device ID S0HAK3CSP8MF.

I’m still getting no sound on the Roku-based TabloTV app, although sounds fine on the phone app. The ROKU-based Sling app for my AirTV Anywhere works just fine. Audio is fine. Same ROKU with Tablo: But Tablo gives no sound whatsoever. The only way I can get dialog is to use Closed Captioning, which seems to work fine.

Here are my ROKU audio settings:
* Preferred streaming format: Auto
* Digital output format: Custom/Dolby
Any other setting, and the Tablo app crashed back to the menu. Won’t play at all.

When will ROKU or Tablo fix this problem? I haven’t been able to watch a single Tablo recording for weeks now. Mighty glad I bought that backup DVR AirTV Anywhere. It never fails.

Is there any way for me to go back to Roku version 13?  Your deployment of version 14 without my consent feels like assault.  You killed my Tablo DVR, so I'm now screwed.  PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!

Cemetery21
Channel Surfer

Yes, same problem.  I bought a $14 Google TV device from Walmart and it runs all Tablo features fine, in fact, better than Roku before it broke.

lwstone5

Add another unhappy Roku Express 4k user with software 14.0.4 tablo problems, Last 2 weeks most OTA stations won't allow live playback - spinning circle then kicked back to station grid. changed roku audio to dolby and station plays but without sound. Have been patiently waiting for Roku to fix, but might have to get a Roku Streaming stick since it works fine on my office TV and the main 4800x Roku work fine also.

Roku Express 4k+

Model 3941X

Device ID   S07P21A6WN41

S/N   X01600Y6WN41

Application Version 0.8.800-734366

Software  14.0.4

DVRinHouston
Reel Rookie

I wouldn't buy another Roku product if my life depended on it.  I rigorously NEVER reward bad behavior.  Roku screwed me over with its version 14 update without my knowledge or consent.  It feels a little like rape.  Not one more penny will Roku get out of me.

rowku_username
Reel Rookie

Your developers need to push a fix or roll back.  This is unacceptable.  You are losing customers for life at a high rate, myself included if this isn't fixed ASAP.  Will jump to firetv or something else and never use Roku again.  I have the ultra and just checked that latest 14.0.4 does nothing to fix it.

rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

Me too!

F Roku

0 Kudos
rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

Same.

Still waiting for Roku to fix.

But they suck.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.