Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5Gig

TV screen so hot picture affected, when I disconnect my Roku sound bar problem stops.

The picture on my Samsung Smart TV is so dark on the left side of screen picture not visible.  When you touch TV screen it is almost too hot to touch.   If I disconnect the Roku Sound Bar the problem ceases.  There is in my opinion definitely a problem with the Roku over heating, and causing damage to my TV.  TV is only 3 years old.  The last Samsung I had for 10 years, no Roku, no problem.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV screen so hot picture affected, when I disconnect my Roku sound bar problem stops.

Hi @5Gig,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku Soundbar that is too hot to touch. When your Roku Soundbar is too hot, a warning message saying, “Your device is overheating” should appear in the corner of the screen. Please follow these steps below and see if it will fix the issue:

1. Carefully unplug the power cable from your Roku Soundbar and allow it to cool down.
  2. Find a cooler location for your Roku Soundbar; avoid placing the unit:
    • Inside a cabinet or other closed space;
    • On top of other electronic devices such as cable boxes, routers, or audio/video receivers,
    • In direct sunlight.
  3. Wait at least 10 minutes for your Roku Soundbar to cool down. Once cooled, plug the power cable back in and wait for the Roku Soundbar to power on. If you still see the above message or the Roku Soundbar shows a solid red light, then immediately unplug the power cable.
  4. Repeat step 3 one more time. If the problem persists, please let us know.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.