Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bally sports frozen, now roku frozen

Bally sports has frozen on the login screen. This is a bally sports issue i am assuming.

However it has frozen all of roku. I have unplugged the hdmi cable, and unplugged the cable from the outlet. But my roku device is frozen. I cannot choose a channel, cannot scroll to settings, etc. Frozen!

This a samsumg tv.

Any ideas on how to reset are appreciated.

ps: Does roku have a chat/email help feature? I am not seeing it.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jk2222222

Re: Bally sports frozen, now roku frozen

I’ve had same problem with Bally Sports for several days now. I can still use Roku, but not Bally Sports. And I just paid them $189 for a 12 month renewal. Tried Bally help site. They don’t respond to texts and leave you on hold for a long time. I like the low cost of Roku, but I may have to drop Roku and return to cable. Ugh. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bally sports frozen, now roku frozen

@geminii0002, if your Roku is "frozen" after restarting it, it's much more likely that you have a remote problem than the Bally app is responsible.  Try the remedies suggested here:

How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

You can also try the Roku app on your phone as a remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.