Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV light is on but not turning on

Before, the white light at the bottom tv was blinking white. I tried turning it on, nothing. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still did the same thing. I left it plugged for over hours and it’s now at a solid white light. But still unresponsive to turning on. I think it had something to do with the tv’s powers system but I don’t know!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV light is on but not turning on

Hi @zheelarose_,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku device that is not turning on. Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  • have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get the Roku device up and running? What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV | Official Roku...

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos