Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewToStream
Reel Rookie

Suddenly black screen and silence and limited responses to the remote

Was watching Roku channel and 2 Broke Girls when suddenly silence fell along with a black screen. Only response to remote is power on/off.

Tried unplugging and repluging. Tried the reset button. Unhooked and reconnected HDMI cable. Removed batteries from remote and replaced.

Nothing has helped.

Roku Ultra LT

3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Suddenly black screen and silence and limited responses to the remote

@NewToStream Power on/off is a TV function and not a Roku Ultra function.  I assume the TV volume is also working?  I don't know which you remote you have but try to repair the remote to the Roku Ultra.  If you can not repair the remote try a factory reset of the Roku Ultra.  

Make sure the Roku is powered on, then find the Reset button on the bottom or back of the device. The button may be tactile or a pinhole that requires a straightened paperclip. Press and hold the button for about 10 seconds. When the reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will likely blink quickly.

0 Kudos

I faced the same issue and nothing has helped me please give solution if anybody knows. 

0 Kudos
NewToStream
Reel Rookie

Found out I wasn't pressing the reset button long enough. Need to press and hold for 20 seconds. This will reset the unit to factory settings. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.