Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MNHarris
Channel Surfer

Streaming non-live shows on Roku app

Jump to solution

I may be remembering wrong but in the past weren't we capable of watching shows (not live) on the Roku app?

I tried earlier today and whenever I tried it wanted to launch the show on the Roku device. Was that removed or am I just remembering wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MNHarris
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming non-live shows on Roku app

Jump to solution

It works now on my iPhone now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MNHarris,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to look deeper into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you provide us with a photo or video about the issue you're running into? Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is it an isolated case? (Specify) What are the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MNHarris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB 

https://www.veed.io/view/f7c4de48-3c2f-4ebb-aeff-de06a67324e9?sharingWidget=true&panel=

This is happening on the Roku App on an iPhone, it is the Roku Channel. I have tried it with three different shows, Coach, 2 Broke Girls, and Bones. I also tried it on an Android device, same problem.

When I first encountered the error I was at work on break, the app told me to connect to my device. I then tried it on Android. When I got home I connected to the device. I then tried it again and it immediately loaded the show on my device. Then I tried watching it on my device, which is a whole other issue, being addressed in a different post. I then posted here about the app thinking I might be remembering wrong.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MNHarris,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku mobile app. Help is here. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MNHarris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku device model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X010003FV48A

Device ID: S02A21DFV48A

Software OS/version: 12.0.0 build 4184-C2

Version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using:

iPadOS/iOS: 9.5.2.6753341.1 (latest version)

Surface Duo: 9.5.1.2109001 (latest version)

Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Click on Coach or 2 Broke Girls and select the first (possibly any) episode to watch on the mobile device. It will then tell you to connect to a Roku device or load the series on the Roku device.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MNHarris,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MNHarris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It works now on my iPhone now.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.