Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheribrit

Re: Sound drops when changing stations or apps

Mine is happening as well as of recently.  I also have a Vizio TV.  Whenever the next episode or switch Apps my sound goes out.  I have to turn my power off and back on as well.  @danny 

0 Kudos
trickychip
Reel Rookie

Yes, I too have a Visio tv.  It’s got to have something to do with their updates.

0 Kudos
SharpTXGirl
Reel Rookie

Any news on a fix?  Seems  like Roku should be able to rollback the last update or two to get us back up and running.  This is ridiculous that we haven't been offered a resolution yet.

0 Kudos
18CGKCrosstrek
Channel Surfer

Almost seems like they don’t care. I haven’t seen anyone from Roku post about it or say they are working on it. 

0 Kudos
18CGKCrosstrek
Channel Surfer

Last message from Roku was a week ago. Figure by now there would be an update or fix. 

0 Kudos
Runnerchic
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with a Vizio tv. It was working fine until a week or two ago. I’ve tried all the resets, changing cables, changing port locations. Nothing works. Sometimes there is sound on the Netflix Home Screen and then once we go into a show we lose sound. Sometimes after a pause- this is so frustrating!!!  Roku please fix the issue!!

0 Kudos
katiebobus
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R please let us know if you've seen that we have narrowed this down to a problem with the Roku update on Vizio TVs, and passed this info along? Please give a status update.

0 Kudos
Diver97

I am having the same problem with my Roku + and Vizio TV.  It happens on Netflix and started noticing it on the spectrum app.  Definitely the Roku because I can go to Netflix on the Vizio remote and have no problem.  I have another Roku on a very old Hitachi tv and have had no problem.   Is Roku going to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
jps2
Binge Watcher

Been after them for a number of weeks.  No answer.  Clearly all worked fine prior to current Software release.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I have no current updates to provide at this time as this issue is still under investigation.

If you have not already, can you please provide more information about the issue you are seeing? Is your Roku device connected directly to the TV? Do you have any external audio products attached to your setup? Do you have any volume modes set on your device during playback?

In addition, can you provide us with the follow information as I've requested in my previous post:
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos