Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Replying to: StreamerUser re: sound cutting out when playing programs on cable

Jump to solution

@gbwells @Pf2

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Are you using any external audio products?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gbwells
Reel Rookie

Re: Replying to: StreamerUser re: sound cutting out when playing programs on cable

Jump to solution

when i am watching certain streaming services (HBO Max, Apple TV, Paramount plus), the audio will cut out at random intervals for a couple of seconds. i can pause and rewind and sometimes it will play the audio in that spot when it replays.

I am running my Roku through the pass through HDMI slot in my sound bar. i had no issues running the sound through the same sound bar with my Amazon Fire. 

as for reproducing it, any time i watch anything on those three streams the sound will cut out randomly. 

when i use the app on my iphone and headphones, the sound does not cut out. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@gbwells

Thanks for the post.

If you connect your Roku device directly to the TV, do you observe the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Sound cutting out Nothing Fixes

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  The sound cuts out for about 3 seconds every 10 - 15 minutes.  What do I do?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KMeyerson01

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried rebooting your Roku device as well as your router? Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable and using another HDMI port on your TV to see if that helps? Are you experiencing this playback issue on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jamesj2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue random sound cut outs when watching Disney plus, Netflix etc... device was fine until a few months ago now seriously impacts the use of the roku. I have tried all the suggested fixes on here, new hdmi, reset roku, reset router etc and no effect. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jamesj2

Thanks for the post.

Are there any external audio devices involved in your setup? Have you also tried connecting the Roku device to another HDMI port on your TV? Have you already tried to remove the affected channels, restarted the Roku device, then add the channels back again to see if the issue persists?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Barrycanfix1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To fix sound cutting in and out during private listening.
Change ROKU audio mode to Stereo only.

0 Kudos
Jamesj2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi unfortunately this did not work. I reset the device and wiped all the apps. I have also tried all the other hdmi ports. I don't have any other audio devices attached just using the hdmi connection into the TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jamesj2
Thanks for the post.;

Have you already tried using another HDMI cable to connect the Roku device.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos