Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen sudden turned green while watching

Didn't work

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen sudden turned green while watching

Hi, @Diamond1234

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for posting, and we'd be more than glad to assist. As a start, we'd like to gather more information regarding the issue you've encountered. Could you please tell us more about the issue you've encountered? Does this issue occur specifically on a channel or throughout the Roku platform? Additionally, what specific device are you having issues with?

The more details provided, the better we can assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbster
Channel Surfer

Having the same issue with our Roku Streambar.

Changed the HDMI cable however still happening.

Doesn't matter what app we are using still just randomly happens.

Getting a bit annoying now.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kirbster,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku streambar is giving you problems. We would be pleased to help you even more. Please attempt the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

Tell us how it goes, and we'll be here to help you further.

Regards,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Kerry2112

This worked for me. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Kirbster
Channel Surfer

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply.

I am still getting the green screen issues. I was monitoring as I believed it was limited to just the ITVx app, however this is not the case as it happens on other apps too.

I have replaced the Roku supplied HDMI cable with a high quality cable, but with to no avail.

The only way to clear is to restart both the Streambar and the TV!

Starting to get a bit annoyed with it now, especially as it doesn't happen with any of the other Roku devices I have.

HELP @RokuJohnB 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kirbster,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. For us to know more about the issue you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• When did the issue occur?
  • What software version is your Roku device currently running? (Check on Settings > System> About.)
  • Have you tried updating your software to the latest version?
  • Can you send us a photo of the running issue as our reference?

In the meantime, you can also try to power-cycle your Roku device (unplug and replug from the power source or outlet).

We'll be anticipating your reply.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                    Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbster
Channel Surfer

Hi, 

System software version is 12.5.5 build 4174-95.

Unable to update as the system is stating that this is the latest version and it checks every day to ensure it is up to date too.

The green screen started about 4 weeks ago.

I am unable to send a photo at this stage as the issue is sporadic!

I have carried out the power cycle as suggested every time it happens as it is the only way to "reboot" / clear the issue when it happens.

@RokuEuniceL 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kirbster,

Thank you for the quick response!

We appreciate you providing these details. Kindly send us a photo once it happens again so we can examine it better on our end. 

What is the brand of the TV that you are using? This might also be an issue with the TV so we recommend reaching out to your TV manufacturer too if the issue occurs again for more advice.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further. We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbster
Channel Surfer

@RokuEuniceL 

It's not the TV, as I have tried it in multiple. Sony, Samsung and TCL (which to be fair is Roku powered)

I can send you a photo, but not sure what that will achieve as it will just be a screen that is totally green. 

Apologies I'm not sure what pantone number the green being displayed is.

0 Kudos