Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisagreyes
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube lagging - unwatchable

Jump to solution

If that's the case, maybe it's on YT's side.

0 Kudos
clawhammer

Re: YouTube videos constantly buffering

Jump to solution

Same problem for two days; did same repair attempts as everybody here. No luck!

ebbflo

Re: YouTube app constant buffering

Jump to solution

I am experiencing this same issue as described. Live streams work fine and signed in as guest work well.

I have tried all standard remedies with no luck too. Hopefully it is fixed soon.

I'm glad it is at least a reported problem.

semmelbroesel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Moonfox01 MoonFox, I'm in a chat with a support person, but they are not listening to me when I mention the engineering team...

Can you give us more details on what the engineers did on the backend so I know what to ask for?

Also, were they able to do this immediately, or did they ask for your device ID to "escalate" and get you off the chat? That is what is happening to me right now...

In fact, this person claims they cannot connect to the engineering team 😞

So I'd be really grateful if you could provide more details so I can get this fixed!

Thank you!

Mpiatt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Caution. As near as I can tell, the last time this was reported (and resolved) was December 2023.

I think this is a new problem, with newer apps. I haven’t had any issues since December. You may not want to consider this reported until a Roku representative weighs in.

Albezzy

Jump to solution

I also am Experiencing the same situation on the free version. It works fine. I can't stand the commercials, so I have a premium account when I log into my account. It starts to buffer even when I stream from my phone. Android?

Been at it

For a few hours this morning and realize that it's  When you sign in I master reset tv and  app and stream from my phone still buffering 

Joanjones146
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I contacted Roku support via chat and applied all the steps but had no luck. They told me to contact you the YouTube channel partner. You tube has no tech support aimed at Roku tv

c0ff33g33k
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Gotta be… my connection is only 200mbps, but haven’t had any problems streaming since yesterday, when it’s seems to have started.

chezt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

buffering too - what's the problem?

Lisagreyes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I sent feedback to YouTube.  Please send them your troubles as well.  Thanks

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.