Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbuck1
Reel Rookie

Roku volume is suddently very low on every app

This is a Roku bug. It happens to all of them and fixes they recommend do not help.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
aem
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku volume is suddently very low on every app

I just want to add myself to the list. TCL TV with Roku, audio used to be fine at 20, now I have to crank it to three times as high to get the same volume.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

We see that you are having an issue with the audio volume on every app that requires you to fully adjust the settings to hear sounds, and we're here to assist. For this matter, we recommend performing a system restart to resolve the issue.

System restart your device
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

If the issue persists, kindly send us the following details so our team can investigate on this issue further.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Do you have a soundbar/AVR connected to your TV?

We hope for your response in this matter so our team can investigate further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ivanme76

Thank you for writing the instructions here At this stage I have restored the sound, which abruptly disappeared

0 Kudos
immsbhaven
Binge Watcher

Kash, 

The system reset DOES NOT WORK….my volume goes low again within minutes of the system reset. Please stop telling people to do this! It’s just a placated bandage.
I’ve been telling Roku this for a year now! I’ve giving them the info they asked for.  I’ve sent the info after hitting the home button 5 times etc.  Roku has done nothing to get to a real fix. I have to reset mine several times a day! 

ROKU IS IGNORING THIS PROBLEM AND JUST HAVING YOU PEOPLE THROW OUT THE SAME RESET INFO THST DOES NOT WORK!!!

Jbuck1
Reel Rookie

Agree it is a defect in the product.

0 Kudos
Dman2
Reel Rookie

It requires several reboots and it fixes the problem only momentarily. The volume issue comes back within minutes after performing the workaround. I read online to disable the Roku remote volume functionality during setup. Basically you have to run the Roku remote for TV control IR setup but uncheck volume control. However that idea defeats the purpose as to why I purchased the Roku Ultra. This has been an ongoing issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Dman2 @Jbuck1 

Thanks for keeping us posted on this thread.

Our has acknowledged the issue you have brought to our attention, and we'd like to investigate the issue further.

To assist us in the investigation, we'd like to ask you to provide the requested details in my previous post. The information we receive would be significant for our team to review the issue further and we can work on a resolution.

We hope for your response and cooperation in this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nabokovfan87
Reel Rookie

See my post. This is a hardware issue. Not software.

0 Kudos
gsargent51
Channel Surfer

Apparently, the problem is with your hardware, not your software, as I have read in a previous post.  If this problem is resolved on the hardware level, my question would be what fix could those of us who invested in the Roku Ultra could we expect?  A recall? A Replacement?  Something needs to be done. 

0 Kudos