Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku ultra making loud noise when turned on have to unplug to stop it.

Jump to solution

Hi @Sabrina11

I hope you're doing well.

We're here to help. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? If you still need additional support, can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted. 

Regards,
Nimfa

Sousson

Jump to solution

Hello,

I did not see a solution for this issue. Can anyone provide the solution. I have a Roku Ultra that is less than one year old. Resetting the unit helps, but does not solve the issue.

Thank you!

bobtaurus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had on ongoing issue with that noise. First, Roku issued me a replacement Ultra that was the same model as what I had. Sure enough, the noise continued.

When I called again, they offered to send another replacement. This time, however, after firmly but respectfully stating that another straight-up replacement was unacceptable, Roku sent me a more current model, Number 4802R. I've had it a little over a month and have NOT had any noise issues! 

0 Kudos
tysmith3197
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello. I am having the same loud ringing noise with my roku TV and it is getting worse each day and becoming unbearable. Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tysmith3197

Thanks for reaching out. 

Sorry to hear this has been your experience. We can see that the issue occurs on a Roku TV. Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Sabrina11
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you! This is the solution! Audio passthrough!

0 Kudos
Sabrina11
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Going into the audio settings and selecting Auto pass through fixed it for me I have not had a problem since!

0 Kudos
bobtaurus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks but my post was from months ago. Roku replaced the device.

0 Kudos
llb266
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have an Ultra i just purchased in July 2023, and am having the same issue. It worked fine for the first month, now when I first turn it on, the loud noise is there until and unplug the power and restart it.  THis happens every time after some period of time being turned off.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @llb266,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku Ultra. Have you tried the suggested steps above by going to Home > Settings > Audio > HDMI > Auto passthrough? If it does not work, please restart your Roku Ultra from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Let us know how it goes, and we will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos