Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emery234

Roku tv issues with Spotify

Hi can someone help me I bought a tv at Walmart that was on sale brand new I sign in to my Roku account did the firmware patch up and also updated the other apps but when I installed Spotify and use my android phone to connect it to Roku tv it's works but when ads pop ups the Spotify started acting up where it keeps freezing and buffing non stop I try removing the app and re install it and it didn't work I checked my Internet speed and my Internet speed shows 100+ Mbps so I have no clue what is causing this issue.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv issues with Spotify

Hi, @Emery234 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see in your post where you mentioned that you are having an issue with the Spotify app on your Roku TV, and we're here to assist. Let's perform a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. We'll provide you the instructions and follow them to get best results.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

In addition, we would also recommend restarting your router/modem to refresh your network connection.

To restart a router, you can try these steps:

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button until it stops blinking or flashing. Unplug the router from the power outlet and modem, if you have one. 
  2. Wait at least 30 seconds, or up to a couple of minutes. 
  3. Plug the router back in and turn it on again. 
  4. Wait for the router's lights to turn on and synchronize. 
  5. Turn on any other devices connected to the router and test the connection

We hope that this will effectively resolve the issue, and let us know on what you find out after performing the troubleshooting steps above.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos