Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeanlaehn

Roku stops working at night

My Roku stops working every night around midnight.

Model: 3920RW

Serial number: YH006R327477

Issue ID: 77-167-063

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stops working at night

@Jeanlaehn 

Tell us more. It obviously starts working again some time. So, give the details.

Are you watching content on your Roku and at midnight it suddenly stops? How are you determining when it stops?

I'm leaning toward suggesting something about your network, but let's get more details on just what happens for you to determine Roku stops at midnight.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Avaya
Roku Guru

A Roku does not care what time of the day it is or night. The problem lies within your home network. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "not working"?

Boz
Roku Guru

Well, it's midnight, so it IS sleepy time!

But seriously, is it possible that you've been watching for 4 hours straight without touching the remote by the time midnight arrives, and Bandwidth Saver is turning off the stream?

Thurston34

My roku also stops playback everynight around 6 pm. It's not my network bc I have others upstairs that never do that at any point. However this one is closet to the router and it always stops playback and says no network connect. Which is the issue bc the rest of our devices are still active and working during the time. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

It would be helpful to know which OS version/build and the type of connection (wireless or wired). Also by saying the device stops, are you referring to the power setting? If its the default setting, its normal for the device to power off when its been idle for 15 minutes or more.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Is it very close to the router?  During the pandemic I found when Skyping, Zooming etc. that my laptop would frequently loose connections when it was in my home office, just a few feet from the router.  I could solve it by either moving further from the router, or plugging the laptop in with ethernet.  Wireless can be a bit mysterious at times.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.