Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orchidbyte

Roku paramount + won't stream

Paramount + on the roku channel won't play any content

No shows will play, screen just go's back to last page.

Roku tv tcl43"

All other streaming services work but the one above.

17 REPLIES 17
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku paramount + won't stream

Hi @Orchidbyte,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having problems streaming with Paramount+. We're happy to help. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. Please follow the steps below:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Best regards, 

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
27465_LOMHQ
Reel Rookie

I am unable to remove the channel. It is not an option when pressing the star key. I only have the following options:

1 - Move Channel

2 - Restart Channel

3 - Manage Subscription

4 - Close

I have tried restarting the channel and it doesn’t fix the issue. I have unplugged the television and it hasn’t changed the behavior.

0 Kudos
27465_LOMHQ
Reel Rookie

I also tried doing a network reset and when I did the channel disappeared, as if it had been deleted. However, as soon as I re-established the network connection to the internet the channel showed back up. So it appears that the channels as I see it on my Roku RCA television is an actual link to Paramount+ through the internet. 

My issue isn’t with an actual app that can be added and deleted from a Roku device. My issue seems to be reverting directly back to this an internet link. It has the following description: “Paramount + -on- The Roku Channel”.

Whenever I click on the “Play” link any show or movie the screen will blink as if it is going to start and then it returns to the same screen as I was on before clicking the “Play” link. The “Play” link is still there and nothing has changed. Click on the “Play” link again and the same set of events will happen again. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@27465_LOMHQ-

If this is a premium channel to which you subscribe through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period.  You can resubscribe later if you like.)

Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
sparky57
Reel Rookie

My issue started today, yesterday and before it worked. Today I was billed for AMC+, Paramount+  with Showtime. That is a new billing item. Previously AMC+ and Paramount+ Premium were separate charges. I currently don't subscribe to Showtime. As of today, per Roku billing, I can also watch Showtime content within the "Paramount+ with Showtime on the Roku Channel" app. The issue that started today is that I can't watch any content within that app. It's like what the previous poster stated. I contacted Roku tech support and ultimately they had me do a factory reset on 1 of my 3 devices. The issue is on all 3 of my devices. Seeing the above post tells me I'm not the only one with this issue. So, Roku has created a trouble ticket for my issue and will communicate with me via email on the status. Let's see how this goes.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sparky57,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we're aware of the situation as we are currently investigating the content issues within The Roku Channel. For us to provide you with assistance, kindly provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on The Roku Channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

In the meantime, you can contact our Accounts and Billing team for assistance regarding the billing charges. Kindly refer to this link: Roku Support. Select "Accounts and Billing" to be directed to their contact information.

We hope to hear from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sparky57
Reel Rookie

As you can see from my previous post, "Roku has created a trouble ticket for my issue and will communicate with me via email on the status". So, I don't want to start from scratch with you. I can give you the ticket number if you want.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sparky57,

Thanks for keeping us posted! 

We're sorry for the misunderstanding. We advise you to continue working with them for further assistance resolving the issue.

If you have any further concerns or inquiries, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sparky57
Reel Rookie

I haven't heard back from Roku regarding the ticket that was created on this issue. As of this morning, Paramount+ with Showtime, is back working normally.

0 Kudos