Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESBuchman
Channel Surfer

My Roku express 4k keeps a purple light and it does not respond, my tv does not detect it either

Hi, I am trying to get support for this same problem. My Roku express 4K is not responsive and has a purple light. It is plugged into the wall as its power source. The serial number is X01600N5Y6CJ. Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku express 4k keeps a purple light and it does not respond, my tv does not detect it either

@ESBuchman

Thanks for the post.

If you are having an issue with an irresponsive Roku device, have you already tried a factory reset to see if the issue persists?

For more information about how to factory reset a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jgoerty

Roku streaming device issues with connection.

I have replaced both the HDMI cable and the power cord (with wall plug in).  Nothing works.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku streaming device issues with connection.

Hi @Jgoerty,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for informing us about this issue, and we would like to know more about it so we can assist. Could you please tell us more about the specific issue you're having? When did you first notice this issue? Also, what Roku streaming device are you currently using?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos