Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choten

Roku media player glitches from today update

I have Roku uktra.

There was automatic update today Sep 20th, 2023, and started glitch on Roku media player with external usb drive. It stops and back to home screen randomly while playback.

I had restart several times and even did factory resetting.

From today's update. Roku starts to show messages when I connect my USB drive. 

Any idea?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku media player glitches from today update

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @Choten!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Worry no more, as we will find you with the best resolution possible. 

Mentioning that your Roku Ultra's system version was updated automatically, may we know what current OS version you have now? Furthermore, kindly provide us with the following details below for us to effectively forward this to the appropriate Roku team for review and to fix this as soon as possible. 

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. What version/build is the app/channel? (this can be found by highlighting the channel/app on the Home screen and pressing the Star* button)
  3. Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sitcomics
Channel Surfer

Having the same problem. Crashing within seconds of when I playback my hard drive files.  It’s also forcing me to allow apps to access my hard drive before I can launch the roku media player. 

0 Kudos
Gary52
Binge Watcher

Hello, Having the same issues as others, also getting 2 new screens on usb drives as mentioned in post below.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Problem-reading-USB-through-Media-Player/m-p/9...

Problem report.

Model 4670X Roku Ultra Ver. 12.5.0 Build 4167-46

Serial. YJ0057870230 (KW9995870230)

Report ID. 30-394-155

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Gary52
Binge Watcher

Error report.

Model Roku Ultra 4670X Ver. 12.5.0 build 4167-46

Serial YJ0057870230 (KW9995870230)

Report ID.  30-394-155

Please search for

"Problems reading USB through Media Player"

I posted my report regarding this issue there, so maybe you can help, tried to post it here but was flagged it as spam for some reason

Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @Sitcomics!

Thanks for raising your concern with us. We'd be more than willing to forward this to the appropriate Roku Team for further review. Kindly provide us with the following details mentioned above your post. Make sure to include your latest OS version

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stan1844

Hello, I am encountering the same behavior on my Roku too after the upgrade:

Requested Info:

4670x-Roku Ultra

S/N: YJ005L344795

Device ID: KW9995344795

OS Version: 12.5.0 Build 4167-46

Version Build: 5.5 Build 13

Tracker ID: 95-395-276 (first time)  /  95-395-284 (second time)

Let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks in advance, 

Stan

0 Kudos
Sitcomics
Channel Surfer

Requested Info:

4670x-Roku Ultra

S/N: YJ009P278431

Device ID: KW99A9278431

Software Version: 12.5.0 Build 4167-46

GC Version: 10.1.25

Issue ID 31-395-782

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We appreciate all the necessary details about this issue you're facing. We have passed this case along with the details you provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll make sure to update this thread once we have information available and if we need more details regarding this.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sitcomics
Channel Surfer

My media player is no longer crashing. I tried it after choosing “accept” the  “do not accept” and it worked both times without any problems. Good update, Roku. Now please stop letting apps access our hard drive data. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.