Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
total
Reel Rookie

Roku express doesn't work after update

I now have two roku express, version 12.0 build 4286-51, and now (around a month) none of the apps run:

Plex loads (sometimes), videos stuck on 13% for minutes, if I'm lucky it will stream for a few seconds.

Bbc iplayer- takes minutes to get to choose a stream them it doesn't play

My5, roku chanel , prime, itvx, youtube, won't load

HD homerun, gets stuck on progress bar.

Wifi is "excellent", tried all the reset options and factory reset on both.

Not keen to get newer models if a software update can brick them

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express doesn't work after update

Hi @total,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku Express since the channels are not loading. We will be delighted to help you. Please try to restart your modem or router of your wireless network or Wi-fi, and after you're done restarting your network, please also restart your Roku device by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, settings, system, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, can you please provide the following information below:

• How far is your device from your network router?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptop, computer)

Let us know how it goes, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
total
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Wifi is excellent. And I've now tried in multiple locations including home near extender, <1 meter from router, someone elses house and hotel rooms!

In all cases two units are unusable, I get about a 1 in 10 succes rate with videos loading on any of the apps and even then there are dropouts.

Version is 3900EU. Software 12.0.0

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@total 

Thanks for getting back to us. Have it try connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and let us know if there are any differences after that.

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.