Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikew_nt
Roku Guru

Re: Roku error HDCP 2.2 - Stop trying to figure it out - I just got the real answer from Roku Sup

Has anyone verified that the 4850 works properly on a Samsung S90C?

I did file with BBB as a last resort because Roku will not help me on my 4802 (still in warranty), Roku immediately responded with a cut-and-paste response that they'd contact me immediately, and then ghosted both me and the BBB complaint.

I mean, that's just super disappointing.

In my BBB complaint I stated I'd be happy to try a 4850 if sent to me and if it worked, I'd be satisfied and if not I wanted a refund.  If Roku ever responds to my rejection of their "response", I should probably just insist on a refund.

Right now the BBB case is just sitting there.  If this doesn't resolve soon, I'm going to go back to Amazon (place of purchase) and see if they will refund me since Roku is not standing behind their warranty.

lmacmil2
Streaming Star

Re: Roku error HDCP 2.2 - Stop trying to figure it out - I just got the real answer from Roku Sup

Just to add another data point, I had a 4660 connected via a Denon AVR to a Samsung KS8000.  Never had an HDCP error in 5 years.  I now have a 4802 and an LG C3 connected via the same Denon AVR.  I get HDCP errors sporadically, most often on HDR shows but occasionally on an SDR show.  I get the errors regardless of whether frame rate matching is on or off.  I get the HDCP error screen for a few seconds but the audio continues uninterrupted.  The HDCP errors are random and inconsistent.  I recently got 3 in a 45 minute Dolby Vision show on Apple TV.  Then for the next 2 nights, I got none on another Dolby Vision show on Apple TV.  I don't think I've ever had an HDCP error on Netflix but I only have the HD tier so I don't see HDR or DV shows on Netflix.  At this point, it's not annoying enough to make me switch to another device.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.