Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku device keeps restarting in a loop

Jump to solution

At first my Roku device just restarted whenever I turned on my tv whereas before my device would be on constantly but in screensaver mode. This morning when I went to use it to watch Pluto tv, it kept randomly restarting in a loop. I did the whole thing about power cycling and plugging into different ports and it would still restart in a loop. I finally got Pluto TV to work a few minutes ago but this is been going on a couple of times pretty regularly now. Is my device going bad?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device keeps restarting in a loop

Jump to solution

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community, @meganmilligan75!

We are aware that you are facing issues with your Roku device, and we are here to help you resolve them.

Before we continue, we would like to determine whether the issue is specific to a particular channel or if there have been any recent updates prior to the issue starting. Additionally, could you provide us with any error codes you are receiving? In the meantime, please follow the steps below and check to see if they resolve the issue for you.

1. Uninstalling the channel: Highlight it, hit the * button, and select "remove."
  2. Restart the device: Quickly restart your TV by unplugging it and plugging it back in. This should help clear out any temporary cache or data-related issues.
  3. Reinstall the channel: by hitting the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.

For additional troubleshooting tips, visit our support page for guidance on resolving channel playback issues

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device keeps restarting in a loop

Jump to solution

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community, @meganmilligan75!

We are aware that you are facing issues with your Roku device, and we are here to help you resolve them.

Before we continue, we would like to determine whether the issue is specific to a particular channel or if there have been any recent updates prior to the issue starting. Additionally, could you provide us with any error codes you are receiving? In the meantime, please follow the steps below and check to see if they resolve the issue for you.

1. Uninstalling the channel: Highlight it, hit the * button, and select "remove."
  2. Restart the device: Quickly restart your TV by unplugging it and plugging it back in. This should help clear out any temporary cache or data-related issues.
  3. Reinstall the channel: by hitting the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.

For additional troubleshooting tips, visit our support page for guidance on resolving channel playback issues

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.