Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjwolf
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra screen flicker / no input

Roku Ultra (3 months old) was connected via a HDMI switch.  Yesterday the screen would flicker ... sometimes go black or display no input.  Sometimes the picture would return.  I thought it was the switch or cable, so I used a different cable and bypassed the switch.  The problem resurfaced within 30 minutes, sometimes the connection works longer. If I pick up the Roku device (fingers touching the bottom) the screen goes black.  Gently touch the cable at the Roku and no issue. Options?   Thoughts?  Power was reset as well as network connection.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sjwolf
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra screen flicker / no input

While I doubt this will have an impact ... replaced output cable for switch to TV input.  I still suspect that as the Roku warms, the circuit board goes wonky.

0 Kudos
sjwolf
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra screen flicker / no input

So far replacing the cable to the TV appears to be working.  No ... haven't pressed my luck by lifting the Roku Ultra.  One end of the old hdmi cable had 2 thin "oily" streaks on the outside of the contact.  Assuming cable may be breaking down.  Junking the cable.  Using the original configuration with switch box.  Hoping.

0 Kudos