Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tplusnine
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra resetting in Prime Video

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

serial number: X01000F98EXG

software version: 12.5.0 - build 4178-C2

ultra repeated resets after viewing Prime Video for about 5 minutes, eventually returning to Home screen after momentary unresponsive black screen and  roku reboot screen

prime Video Version 14.1 - build 2023092022

I have performed Home>Settings>System>Power>System restart, on multiple occasions.

I have also deleted the Prime Video app, performed a reset, and then re-installed Prime video. Neither one of these helped.

I am not sure what to do. My next step is to return this ultra and get an apple tv 4k instead.

Advice greatly appreciated.

thnks 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra resetting in Prime Video

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @tplusnine.

This issue may somehow suggest a network issue. That being said, can you try to reboot your router? How about connecting the device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, just to check if there will be a difference?

Please continue to keep in touch.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kakistos77

I'm having a similar problem with Amazon Prime.  My Roku Stream Bar updated and now it won't play anything on Prime Video.  It's also loading other channels like Paramount+ very slow.  I just checked my internet and we're getting download speeds at 930mbps.  I've tested my network both wireless and wired and rebooted.  Nothing is working.  Steams Hulu fine, though loads slow.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Kakistos77.

Can you confirm if your subscription with Amazon Prime was through Roku or was it directly from the channel? If it's the latter, may we know if you have tried raising this one with the channel provider, as they may be able to provide further troubleshooting to sort out this concern? Additionally, you can try the troubleshooting steps provided in this article on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Kindly keep us in the loop.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kakistos77

I have it through Amazon.   I just completed a factory reset of the Stream Bar and it still won't work.   I am not having a problem streaming Amazon Prime on my computer, so the site is working.  The Roku is the only issue.   Paramount+ is also very slow to operate.  The app itself, not just the video.  I had no problems yesterday.  It just started today after the Roku updated.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Rickseng.

As suggested above, have you tried connecting the device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, just to check if there will be a difference?

Please let us know if nothing works.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tplusnine
Reel Rookie

Router and modem both reset already

Ultra network connection reset under settings/advanced 

0 Kudos
tplusnine
Reel Rookie

Ultra is hard-wired thru ethernet

modem and router re-set

network connection reset thru ultra settings advanced 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @tplusnine.

We appreciate your efforts in rebooting your network router and modem. How about trying a mobile hotspot? Would it resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos