Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daddio2
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra constantly freezes and rebooting

The 48xx model appears to have resolved after I accepted the new terms on the screen. However, the issues with the 4660 model still persists, and is getting very frustrating. It will not respond to voice, will not turn on with my Alexa routines, occasionally does not display tiles. I would like to know what happened.

Here are some issues over the last few days:

Issue01.jpgIssue02.jpgIssue03.jpgIssue04.jpgIssue05.jpgIssue06.jpgIssue07.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the follow-up, @daddio2.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KFITZGERALD
Channel Surfer

• Just checking in to see if there’s been any progress with resolving the Tablo crashing issue.  Thanks 
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KFITZGERALD,

We're sorry for not getting back to you sooner and for the delay in our solution about this.

I've dropped you a PM regarding this.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
terster1
Channel Surfer

HI.  I didn't get your private message.

I can say... i wound up wiping my Roku and setting it to factory defaults, signing in and setting everything up from scratch.  That worked for about a week and then my issue came back.

There was soon another firmware update and after applied the issue was a little more random.  It was no longer every 3 mins.  Sometimes i got 20 mins...

But another issue started to appear... when watching programs in HULO and Paramount... and the program would go to a commercial, the screen would go crazy for a few moments and then go back to normal once the program started going again.

So, i bought a new Roku and the issue is now resolved.

It is a shame though how hard it was to get any kind of real support from Roku when this issue was happening.  

It's a shame how poorly trained tech support is.  IT's always the same thing... uninstall/reinstall the app, if that doesn't work, then set your Roku to factory...   (Sure it's easy for them to say, they don't have 20 - 30 different apps that then need to be downloaded again, logged into, all the apps rearranged to the customers liking, etc.  That stuff can take HOURS TO DO.  So it's not just simple.  I wish they understood that.

Anyhow...  i replaced my Roku.

I do think that the firmware update that came out when this issue first started... and was first reported, is what broke my Roku unit.  Would be nice if Roku did the right thing and offered to send me a new Roku Ultra.

Especially since i have owned every Roku unit made starting for the very first one!  I was with Roku from day 1... and I'm still a loyal customer having both Roku Ultra units as well as several Roku TV's in my home.

Ok, thanks.

Walter Roth

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.