Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
degranny

Roku Ultra Stuck on bouncing logo

My roku just bounces letters i have tried restart and power off nothing is working

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12

Re: ROKU Ultra Not Booting

I just experienced a similar problem with my Roku Ultra. I am not using a SD card. I disconnected the power source, HDMI cable, and ethernet cable for 10 minutes, and the problem still persists when i reconnected the cables. The bouncing Roku letters displays for about two seconds and then a blank screen.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Ultra Not Booting

@Whodidit1175, first, try it on another TV just in case it's some kind of HDMI issue.

I would suspect a bad box or a bad power adapter.  If it's still under warranty:

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

If it's not, you could try a factory reset, although if it's dying in 2 seconds it's not likely to work.  With the power connected, press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds.

If you have an identical power adapter from another Ultra, give it a try.  Your last option is to buy a new power adapter and hope that was the problem or that you can return it if it doesn't fix it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Stuck on bouncing logo

Greeting @degranny

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

What Roku model device do you have? Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will be up running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not relevant to an Ultra @RokuNimfa-C 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@degranny 

2 things you could try: disconnect the HDMI cable and power supply. Restart it with the HDMI cable still disconnected, wait for the Ultra's light to go out, then plug in the HDMI cable and see if you have a display.

Second, if you've been unplugging the power cable from the Roku so far, try unplugging the brick from the wall and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
DonnyBoy
Reel Rookie

My Roku 4K is also stuck on the bouncing logo. I've tried removing all cables / holding the rest button / leaving powered off overnight. The device is plugged in to a wall outlet. I've had the device for 4 months.

I'm just trying to get information on how to return the item under warranty. Please advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
melloyello
Reel Rookie

Try removing sd card and see if will start

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DonnyBoy,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for the post. We're sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku device, that's not what we aim for.

We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. 

1. Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku logo screen? For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support
  2. As a last resort, if you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if your Roku device is experiencing the same issue. Once the device is getting past the bouncing logo screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

For more information visit our Support page for Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DonnyBoy
Reel Rookie

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have tried the factory rest, and have now tried resetting the wireless network and am still receiving the same problem of being stuck on the boot screen.

Just to specify, the device is a Roku 4K Express
S/N: S07S21C5HKSM
Model: 3940X

Thanks

0 Kudos