Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuylaineM

Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

Exact same issue, powered from the wall with the supplied Roku hardware, tried all 4 HDMI ports , factory reset, ensured the plug was in very firmly. Worked fine last night , nothing I do today makes a difference and NOTHING changed till it went into error 022 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

Hey Community,

If you're encountering Error 022 or experiencing difficulties with wireless detection on your Roku device, we understand the frustration it can cause. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

If a message on your screen references this error, there are steps you can take to assist, detailed in our FAQ link: "How to enhance the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection for your Roku streaming device | Official ...

If you've tried all the necessary troubleshooting steps and still encounter the error, don't hesitate to reach out to Roku Support for further assistance. Our team is here to help and can provide a replacement for the Roku Wi-Fi pod if needed.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Thank you for choosing Roku and continued participation in our community. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

Hi @GuylaineM

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Make sure that the Advanced Wireless Receiver is securely connected to your Roku device. This is important to ensure proper communication between the devices.

If you're unsure about the connection, you may want to check the connection cables and make sure they're firmly in place.

Also, please try unplugging your Roku device and disconnecting it from any power source. After a few seconds, plug everything back in and turn your device back on. This can help to reset the connection and resolve any connectivity issues you may be experiencing.

If you're looking to learn more about your Roku streaming stick and the long-range wireless receiver, I would suggest checking out Roku's official support website. They have a comprehensive FAQ section that covers a wide range of topics related to Roku devices, including troubleshooting, setup, and more.

Here's the link to their FAQ page: How to set up your Roku Streaming Stick 4K | Official Roku Support

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with the error code 022 on your Roku device.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Eddie5

Roku Streaming Stick 4K Error Code 022

Jump to solution

I also have that problem.  Even using everything supplied in the box.

I’ve tried unplugging, resetting replacing batteries?, can’t get past the Error 022 page

ready to return it to Walmart and put the fire stick back on 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K Error Code 022

Jump to solution

@Eddie5- Whatever post you were replying to did not get carried along with your post, so we don't know the details of "that problem".

Roku error 022 is "wireless receiver not detected".  This would typically occur with a Roku Streaming Stick model number 3800 and higher.  The "Long Range WiFi Receiver" for these models is external to the Roku itself and is included in a large bump in the USB power cable. 

Without a functioning WiFi receiver, a Roku Streaming Stick cannot connect to the internet, nor to its remote.

Typical causes would be:

• Trying to use USB cable other than the Long Range WiFi Receiver cable included with the unit to power the Roku.
  • Long Range WiFi Receiver cable not securely plugged in at one end or the other.
  • Defective Long Range WiFi Receiver cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jotis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Here's what I have tried:

• Ordered and attached the Roku extender
  • Bought another, longer extender, in case it might make the receiver easier to locaate
  • Tried to set it up at least 10 times, connecting, unplugging, and reconnecting everything many, many ties
  • Turned everything on and off
  • Moved my wireless receiver into the same room as the TV
  • Moved the TV out of the cabinet onto a counter
  • Tried using another TV with the same steps as above.

I have never gotten past the Error Code 022 message. I am ready to smash the thing with a hammer. Or buy a Firestick, although I would rather eat sand than patronize that company.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jotis,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your conern. Make sure that the Wireless Receiver is securely connected to your Roku device. This is important to ensure proper communication between the devices.

If you're unsure about the connection, you may want to check the connection cables and make sure they're firmly in place.

Also, please try unplugging your Roku device and disconnecting it from any power source. After a few seconds, plug everything back in and turn your device back on. This can help to reset the connection and resolve any connectivity issues you may be experiencing.

If you're looking to learn more about your Roku streaming stick and the long-range wireless receiver, I would suggest checking out Roku's official support website. They have a comprehensive FAQ section that covers a wide range of topics related to Roku devices, including troubleshooting, setup, and more.

Here's the link to their FAQ page: How to set up your Roku Streaming Stick 4K | Official Roku Support

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
yarrow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done everything the manual and community support and Roku support has said.... can not get pass Code 022. SO... is the long range receiver bad? 

yarrow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did everything you did and still nothing. I'm returning mine back to best buy. I have really seen no solutions here for this error. Glad I'm not the only one. 

Tags (1)
Jotis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got rid of the stick and got an Express instead. Low tech, easy, assembled in 5 minutes. Sometimes less is better.

yarrow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is the Express the one that have the little humped type thin box?

0 Kudos