Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

Hey Community,

If you're encountering Error 022 or experiencing difficulties with wireless detection on your Roku device, we understand the frustration it can cause. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

If a message on your screen references this error, there are steps you can take to assist, detailed in our FAQ link: "How to enhance the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection for your Roku streaming device | Official ...

If you've tried all the necessary troubleshooting steps and still encounter the error, don't hesitate to reach out to Roku Support for further assistance. Our team is here to help and can provide a replacement for the Roku Wi-Fi pod if needed.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Thank you for choosing Roku and continued participation in our community. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
AHOLMES607
Reel Rookie

Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver error code 022

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver

Jump to solution

Warranty claim instructions: https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver error code 022

Jump to solution

Hi @AHOLMES607,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are also encountering an error code on your device. In this matter, you can visit our Roku Support page for more steps you can take on how to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device.

Moreover, feel free to contact customer support for further assistance. They can provide a replacement for the Roku Wi-Fi pod at no charge if necessary.

We hope that's helps.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AHOLMES607
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, I do not have an error code # on my screen. This error screen  comes up once a day but I can unplug the power source (causing a hard reboot) and let it restart and it will work for a while.

The screen reads

"Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver

The Advanced Wireless Receiver is not detected, and must be connected for the Roku player to function properly." 

It is plugged into the Roku player and a power source. The model is a 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick +. It is 15 feet away from the router wifi and in direct line with it.

What do you think? 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AHOLMES607,

Thanks for the response!

Have you made sure to connect the Advanced Wireless Receiver that came inside the package (it should be a labeled cable)? Have you ensured the connections are firm and stable if the cable is connected?

Don't hesitate to contact Roku Support for further assistance. Our team is here to help and can provide a replacement for the Roku Wi-Fi pod if needed.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pierre_L
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  Error 022.  Brand new Device 3820CA2 plugged into HDMI port of TV and a power bar.  Tried two HDMI ports, unplugging and waiting, etc.  I purchased the device in February and am only trying it now, so it is too late to return it.

feeling stuck…

Pierre

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Since this thread is now several pages long, and readers may not have seen earlier posts ...

Beginning with the Streaming Stick 3810, released in 2017, the WiFi has been upgraded to a Long Range WiFi receiver and moved from within the stick to a nodule in the USB power cable.  The cord looks like this (with minor variations from model to model):

wireless_receiver.jpg

If this gets damaged, or if a different USB cable without the WiFi nodule is used, your Streaming Stick will not be able to connect to your Wifi, nor will it be able to communicate with its remote control.

Replacements are available from Roku on its Accessories page.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Pierre_L
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  Unfortunately the link to the accessories page does not seem to work for me?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Pierre_L wrote:

Thank you.  Unfortunately the link to the accessories page does not seem to work for me?

It works for me, but I am in the US, and it might not work elsewhere.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.