Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moe80
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar Pro | 4K/HD/HDR Streaming cuts out, freezes

Is there a fix for this? The issue is clearly produced when 4K HDR contents are played (Streambar)

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Pro | 4K/HD/HDR Streaming cuts out, freezes

Hi @Moe80

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you run into. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Moe80
Reel Rookie

What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels?:-

Product: Streambar

TV: RCA RNSMU5836-B (ARC HDMI port with HDCP 2.2)

Cable: 8K HDMI 2.1 Cable 6ft 48Gbps, Stouchi (Certified) Ultra High Speed HDMI

Display Type: 4K HDR10 at 60fps (Auto detect)

Error Instances: Play any 4k HDR contents in any channel (in this case it was Netflix, Disney+ and Plex; the screen will start flickering/cutting/Pixelate/freeze momentarily. Even after exiting the apps, the device will continue the same behavior in the home screen

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Every time the issue occurs I have to restart both devices (Streambar and TV)

I have manually switched the display type to "4K 60fps TV" so the issue was no longer exist, but obviously lost HDR 😢 

Let me know if this is helpful enough or if you need any more specifics

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Moe80

Thanks for following up. 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Moe80
Reel Rookie

Roku device model 9102CA -Roku Streambar

Serial number YL00E7325883 

Device ID (2C0115E325883)

Software OS/version 11.5.0 Build 4312-95

Tracker ID 83-149538

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Moe80 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Moe80 

Thanks for providing us with your setup information.

Looking at your TV specs, it looks like your TV may not be HDR compatible. Have you tried setting content to non HDR on your Roku Streambar to see if you are experiencing the same issue with freezing?

In order to test to see if your TV can play HDR content, can you try using the Netflix channel from within the TV itself and seeing if there is an HDR badge shown on a Netflix Original content.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.  I have an LG WebOS 2022 TV and the StreamBar Pro.  When I play 4k sports content (HDR) using the YouTubeTV app on the StreamBar Pro, I get buffering issues, or the picture freezes.  However, when I use the YouTubeTV app on WebOS, no issues with the 4k HDR playback.  

The Roku help desk provided me with some troubleshooting suggestions yesterday, which I tried.  I haven't gotten the buffering error yet, but the picture still stops and sound cuts out occasionally.  So if you do come up with a solution, I'd be interested as well.

0 Kudos
Moe80
Reel Rookie

Hi, few days after posting my issue, I've received a software update that sorted this matter 💪🏽, I think the tech team did push that update in response (well done)

So my opinion that it's definitely not your setup. Pls ensure you have the latest software update. If that's already installed, pls reach out to the team with the same trouble shooting steps in this thread and you might get an update pushed to sort it out.

Cheers

0 Kudos