Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danno9899
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere into Yamaha RX-V477 no 5.1

Support was the most useless I have ever seen in my life. Tried to blame my tv and then the next one told me Rokus do not support 5.1 audio. Worked fine with my newer Onkyo receiver. I have made sure audio modes on roku were off and Roku was set to dolby digital. All other devices plugged into receiver via HDMI blu-ray, Wii etc work fine in 5.1. The only thing I read so far is that this model of Roku does not process DD+ which may cause the 5.1 passthrough problem. Everything from the Roku comes out fine in stereo. Any help would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Danno9899
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Premiere into Yamaha RX-V477 no 5.1

Update, tried again and all of a sudden roku channel is playing in 5.1 but netflix not. Plugged in my old roku 3 and it plays netflix in 5.1. Looks like it boils down to the roku premiere being the problem. Any suggestions on that?

Okay so now all of a sudden whichever roku I plug into the avr the picture comes on for a moment and then goes black screen.?????

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.