Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVEngineer

Re: Roku Express pauses itself randomly (not buffering)

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Nothing resolves the issue. Different network, system restart, factory reset all don't help. I've even tried to cover the front with electrical tape to eliminate the chance of a rogue IR signal. Still pauses on its own. This happens on multiple channels at random times.

0 Kudos
ConanDYossarian
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

nope, no luck

0 Kudos
ConanDYossarian
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

now it unpredictably restarts. sometimes midplay, sometimes immediately when I choose an app.

0 Kudos
User607

Jump to solution

Clearly this is systemic. We replaced our last Roku Express with a new one, I can’t recall why. Some intermittent error like the pausing described here. The new one does exactly what everyone here describes. Out of the box. We’ve had it for probably a year now and it hasn’t changed. I can see no pattern.  It doesn’t bug me too much, so I live with it. We’ll probably replace our Roku with a competing device. Not sure which yet. The express is inexpensive enough, and I’d be happy to pay more for an upgraded Roku, but I don’t need the 4k and I have no guarantee that the new system won’t suffer the same issues. 

just wanted to add another data point. This is a real issue.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.