Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chapfam4
Channel Surfer

Roku DirecTv Stream stops after down arrow press

What was the fix, or did it just fix itself? I am having the same problem but it has not resolved itself?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku DirecTv Stream stops after down arrow press

Hi @Chapfam4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Is the issue happening on all contents and channels, or is this isolated to DirecTV Stream only? (Specify) Are you getting any error messages or error codes?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chapfam4
Channel Surfer

This is happening on all of my Roku devices, Premium and Premium +. Just to clarify this is when I open the direct TV stream app. It use to be when I was watching a channel and pressed the down arrow button I was given the coices of Guide, My Library and On Demand. Now nothing happens when I press this button. Btw this works as before when I am using my Firestick.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Chapfam4, it's not a Roku issue.  Add your thoughts here.

https://forums.directv.com/conversations/watching-directv-stream/directv-streamroku-remote-down-arro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Chapfam4
Channel Surfer

Yes it is a Roku issue because it still works as before when I use the Direct TV streaming app on my Firestick. 

0 Kudos
Stenomama

I’m having the exact same problem and my husband and I are really annoyed.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Chapfam4  , sorry, you're just plain wrong.  Roku has absolutely nothing to do with how DirecTVs channel/app operates as Roku didn't create it.  Take your complaints to AT&T.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

The channel providers adapt their channel apps to run on various platforms (website, Roku, Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast, Android device, Apple device, etc.) they wish to support, provide them for each platform, then maintain and provide updates for them.  For the Roku Channel and a few other Roku-related channels, Roku is the channel provider, but for everything else, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

Since each platform is different, running on its own operating system, each has to have its own version of the app.  Developers are not always able to make their app run the same on all platforms.

For those apps running on Roku, what Roku has to do is pass your keystrokes on to the channel app being viewed.  What the channel app does with those keystrokes depends on what the channel provider programmed into its app and how the app interfaces with the channels' own servers.

In a recent update submitted for the Roku-compatible version of their app Directv broke the function being discussed here.  Roku can't fix it; Directv is the only one that can.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Chapfam4
Channel Surfer

I have since seen that Directv Streaming had recently updated their app on Roku but had not on other platforms, so that’s why this is not happening on my Firestick. You might want to make other Roku users aware of this. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I don't have Directv Stream so I can't check this, but ...

In another thread it was posted that a recent update by Directv changed the access key from down-arrow to left-arrow.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos